As we prepare to continue on this journey of reaching 2 Billion with HOPE and building a HOPE Economy find 7 of my favorite quotes about HOPE below:
“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope“
Martin Luther King Jr.
“Everything that is done in the world is done in hope”
“Where there is no vision, there is no hope”
“Hopeful thinking can get you out of your fear zone and into your appreciation zone.”
“Hope will never be silent”
“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible”
“He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything”
The greatest currency in the world is people. We’ve realised at RLabs that our people is more valuable than anything we can ever create or develop. This also includes the people we serve because it is when people realise their value that hope begins to rise.
In order to ensure that people realise their value, we applied the following basic elements to what we do at RLabs:
1) Create an environment where those we serve feel that they are important and valued.
2) We innovate, create and develop new platforms, programmes, services and everything else to make sure those we serve can access the best services.
3) We always bring forth the best in order to allow others to shine and see their value.
4) We equip and empower so that other can do what we do and even better.
5) We always support, mentor and active cheerleaders instead of complaining.
It is therefore important that we have to always ensure that the people we serve and the people we work with are valued and I’ve always believed that the greatest investment you can make is to invest in people.
A key focus for RLabs this year will be to build HOPE ECONOMIES across our living labs. Many people have asked me what is the business of RLabs and I’ve always indicated that we in the business of HOPE.
“Hope is having a certainty in the present and a firm expectation in the future”
Therefore thinking about the term HOPE Economy refers to an environment where HOPE is created and shared that empowers and elevates those infused with it.
It is important for us to ensure that our communities are overflowing with renewed HOPE and it is our duty to make it contagious. We’ve seen over the years how the lives of people were changed through the power of HOPE. Some might think that what does technology and the Internet have to do with HOPE but it does provide opportunities to people who can access information that can transform their lives (See video below of how technology, the Internet and education impacted the lives of 2 members of the RLabs community).
Five important things to remember when you think about HOPE:
- Lack of HOPE affect a person’s ability to decide.
- HOPE operates as a capability.
- A little bit of HOPE can allow people to realize their potential.
- HOPE is to the soul, what the sun is to the sky.
- We need HOPE to rise in order to increase our faith and belief.
It is with this in mind that RLabs will further develop the model of a HOPE Economy as we strive to make HOPE contagious.